Diagnosing which section of an ECM motor has a problem has never been easier.
The side winder is easy to use - Using the Tool’s first test, rotating the motor shaft causes the motor to generate a back-EMF voltage displayed by the phase LED’s. Comparing the brightness of these LED’s shows how the three phases are working. The second test checks for any shorts or grounds between any of the windings and motor frame. The 3 LED’s display any faults.
Built to last - The SideWinder is housed in a latched, rugged plastic case that protects it and its harness. We are committed to making affordable adapters for virtually every ECM Motor in the HVAC/R Industry.
The Perfect companion for the UZ-1
Flyer available under "Displays, Flyers, & Easels" (also, a PDF flyer is available for download).
• Fits Most ECM Winding Section Connectors
• Inexpensive Adapters Available for Fit the Rest
• Uses the Motor’s Back-EMF Generation to Display Each of the Motor’s 3-Phase Conditions.
• An Unlit or Out-Of-Amplitude Indicator LED shows Faults (shorts, opens) in Each Phase Winding.
• A Second Test Indicates any Shorts Between the Motor Frame and any Phase Winding.
• No External Power Needed. 9-Volt Battery Included.